Water Damage Carpet Gold Coast & Tweed
CALL: 0417 272 399 | 24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
City Carpet Restorations provide a 24hr emergency flood restoration service, 7 days a week for all wet carpet and flood water damaged carpet. Immediate response is vital to limit further damage and begin the drying process.
Our team of trained and accredited flood restoration technicians use the latest water detection sensors, extraction and drying equipment to ensure your property is restored to pre-loss condition in the shortest time possible.
Upon arrival, we will:
- Assess source of water and extent of damage, including photos
- Remove any hazards
- Extract standing water to prevent further damage
- Remove furniture or valuables from affected areas and document any damaged contents.
- Further extraction of water
- If required, remove and dispose of wet underlay and inspect floor
- Apply browning treatment to prevent staining
- Apply anti-microbial solution to sanitise carpet
- Place carpet driers, air movers and dehumidifiers in affected areas
- Consult with owners / tenants / agents and insurance companies as to the time and cost of full restoration
- Daily service calls to monitor drying and check moisture levels
- Use electronic moisture sensors to ensure property is completely dry
- Supply and fit new underlay when required and relay carpet
- Final steam clean of affected areas
- Move furniture back to place
Generally carpet drying and restoration will take 24 to 48 hours, although structural drying may take longer depending on the type of building and degree of water ingress.
In cases of black water (sewerage or contaminated water), carpet and underlay are not re-storable as this can pose a significant health risk. We will remove and dispose of carpet and underlay and decontaminate the area with anti-bacterial and anti-microbial solution as per Australian Standards.
If your carpet is deemed to be beyond restoration due to age, condition or contamination, we will advise replacement and be happy to provide a quote on supply and installation of new carpet.